Monday, October 10, 2011

Ten on Ten

I'm so proud of myself! wink, wink I remembered 10 on 10 this month before it was halfway over. Which is what I usually do. So then I go visit Mer's blog who hosts 10 on 10 and find she has quit doing it! Like in January! But never one to follow the crowd, I decided I would just do my own anyway. Like I always do. I really do follow a different drumbeat in my head.

So here's my 10 on 10 for October which just happens to be the 10th month of the year.

Ten Things I Love About Fall

1) The Colors: Red, orange, yellow, green, brown. And all the shades represented in each of those colors are magical. Twenty some odd years ago my husband and I were able to go back to Virginia and North Carolina in October. I remember the trees, specifically the sugar maples, were so vibrant, so alive with color. Ever since then I just can't get enough of fall colors, esp in nature.

2) Pumpkin anything: We're talking food here peeps! Not decorations. Love me some pumpkin pie, of course. And also, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, dried pumpkin seeds, pumpkin desserts, and pumpkin custards. Right now there are so many pumpkin delicacies on Pinterest that I want to try.

3) Hot spiced cider:  mmmm .... mmmmm!  I like a good espresso, a great cup of hot chocolate and an ice cold lemonade, but there's just something that just says Fall like Spiced Cider.

4) Sweaters:  Cardigans and pullovers just smack of Fall, don't they?  After just wearing sleeveless shirts and tanks all summer its nice to pull on a sweater.

5) Nature walks: I much prefer to walk and hike in cooler weather than in the heat of the summer. I don't enjoy sweating much, so a hike on a cool weekend is just perfect in my book.

6) Football: Go Boise Broncos!!!! Need I say more? Well, yes, I guess I should.

7) Cracklin Fires in the Woodstove:  Last week, the hubster brought in wood and kindling and built our first fire in the woodstove.  There's just something about the warmth and the flickerin flames in the morning when I crawl out of bed.

8) Fall Decorations: Pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks, hay bales, pitchforks and old barns. All of these say FALL to me and I love it!

9) Cozy evenings at home:  Which include #7 a great fire, #6 football, #4 sweaters,  #3 hot cider and/or #2 pumpkin  yummies.

10) Thanksgiving: My very favorite holiday after Christmas. What's not to love when you get great food, great family and friends, fellowship, football and a chance to be grateful and thankful for all the blessings in your life?


So how 'bout you?  What do you love about Fall?  And do you have a list of 10 on the 10th?
Til next time ....

No comments: