Thursday, January 07, 2010

2010 Word for the Year



7 years ago, I picked a word for the year that I wanted to instill into my life. I wanted to make it more a part of who I was. I thought alot about what word to choose. I think I had read a book or heard a guest on the afternoon talk show or something, and so the word I choose was gratitude. 2 days into that year, my husband had a potential life ending accident and that word helped me remember what was important. I was reminded of all the things I had to be grateful for during that crazy year of recovery.

Fast forward to this year. My sister asked me if I had a word for the year. As I thought about which word to pick, one kept coming to mind. Hope. Hope for today. Hope for tomorrow. Hope for this year and where it will lead.




After 3 years of classes, studying, finals, and grades, Michael is graduating in May. And will be looking for a job in his field. I am hopeful for this transition. I am ready to have a working husband and an income. I am ready to move to wherever the job is and settle down. I am hopeful for this next season in our lives. For me, the word hope is intertwined with my faith and trust in the Lord God. I know without Him in my life, I would not have much hope, but because of Him, my hope can shine. I'm looking forward to this year and what adventure it will bring.

So how 'bout you? Do you have a word for the year?

Til next time ....



No comments: