Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Day of My Own



Over a week ago, I planned and prepared my family for a day without me. I had my itinierary, my books, my journal, my Bible, my music, snacks, water and lipgloss. Can't go anywhere without my lipgloss, ya know.

I had decided to drive north to my fav spot by the river. While driving, I listened to a great sermon and had lots to think about. When I arrived it was already warming up, but there were spots left. Unfortunately there was a loud group of kids who were camping there, but I soon tuned them out.

I had a wonderful time of reading my Bible and praying. I took time to journal and plan. I had specifically wanted to spend some time thinking and praying over my priorities, my time and daily direction. Being a stay at home mom I wear alot of hats and juggling all the balls I have, I often find myself dropping one or two or all of them. By taking time to pray and ponder, I'm hopeful that I can tackle the needs of each day.

I'm hoping to take another day this fall, and encourage you to do the same. If its possible with your family obligations, it is a wonderful way to spend a little extra time with God.

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

So glad you took a retreat, Gail--I really need to make one happen soon!