Thursday, August 20, 2009

Did Me Some Yoga!

One of my goals for this past year has been to do yoga once a week. We've had our Y membership for a year now and I've known they offer yoga classes. but I never got up the courage to go to a class. Finally this week I sent out an email to my girlfriends and asked if anyone wanted to join me for the beginner's class. My friend Mandy wrote me back telling me she loves yoga and would love to join me.

So tonite, I entered the world of yoga! and it was great! It was challenging, and invigorating. I couldn't hold all the poses for as long as the instructor did, but I felt exilerated when I was able to even get into a pose.

It was a small class with just 4 of us and the instructor, so she was able to come over and help us with our posture and balance. Afterwards I felt like I had run a race, but was curiously relaxed at the same time.

Hubby encouraged me to go again! I think I'll take him up on that offer before he remembers that means watching our son for the evening =)

So how bout you? Have you tried anything new lately? Ever done yoga? Do you like to drag a friend with you when you try something new?

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Hey, Gail. I've been to various yoga classes (including prenatal last year). I'm much more motivated going to a class than following along to a DVD at home!