Friday, March 05, 2010

Decluttering Challenge: Slow Going





As you may or may not have noticed, I haven't given you an update in the last couple weeks on how the daily decluttering has been going. Mainly because its been petering out. Yes, I have another box slowly filling up with stuff to take to the thrift store, but there is so much more potential in my home.

Life has gotten busier. But hasn't it for everyone? And with spring on the way, Michael's graduation, challenger baseball for the #1 son and walks on the trail after dinner, life will continue to be busy. But if I believe that decluttering is essential for my well being, for a smoother move this May/June, for the good of the planet, well then I must make time for it.

And so I press on. My friend has a teenage son who has been working for a man who sells alot of stuff on ebay, so I'm looking at hiring "J" to sell some of the valuable stuff I want to declutter. Instead of giving it away, I will recoup a little bit of $$. And since some of these things are bigger pieces, I may make a bit more room in our small apt. Yippee!!

So how are you doing on your decluttering endeavors? Have you petered out at all? Or still going strong?

Til next time ....



1 comment:

Amydeanne said...

that's neat that you know bette!
small world eh?

now decluttering.. always an issue here.. i keep working on it, but it doesn't help when i've got 5 others to train! lol