Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Big Sis

I have two older sisters. My oldest sister Cindi is celebrating a birthday today and tho I'm hundreds of miles away from her, I'm excited to celebrate with her. And I'm excited to share it with you too, dear reader. You know when you have 2 friends who don't know each other, and you finally get them to meet. It's kinda like that.

So let me introduce my wonderful sister to you.


Cindi is an amazing woman. First off, she has a pure heart that only comes from a tight walk with our Lord and Savior. She is sweet as can be and will be your loyal friend forever. She is a hard worker (I joke that she is the energizer bunny in disguise) and not only is an amazing 3rd grade teacher but also tutors young minds after school as well. She teaches other teachers how to teach writing to 3rd graders both in her own district and in other districts. I'm so proud of her accomplishments.

And if that were not enough, she is writing a children's novel. She has just finished it off and is taking it to a writer's conf this spring where an editor will be looking it over! She has been reading it to her students as she has gotton it completed and the kids are just gobbling it up. Did I mention that I'm so proud of her?

Plus she looks great! As you can see from the pictures she keeps herself in good shape and encourages me in my exercise and nutrition habits. What a great cheerleader to have in my life.

She loves to meet for lattes and good chats. She's loves shopping for deals and finds the cutest clothes at thrift stores--I'm so jealous! And she's always up for a pedicure when I'm in town. But best of all, she always listens, without judgement, without criticism, without condemnation. She has a good word, and encourages me when I'm discouraged. And we pray together. Every weekend we get on the phone and enter the court of the Almighty God, bringing before Him our requests for ourselves and our families. It is a rich and wonderful blessing to come into the Lord's presence.



So for you my dear sister and friend: Happy Birthday! May the Lord bless this year in amazing ways that haven't entered your heart or mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Cindi! From me, too! Looking good! I never thought of you looking like your mom, but I can really see the resemblance in these pics!
Love, Cousin Joy

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh how sweet! Your sister sounds like an amazing woman. I hope she had a great birthday!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Oh what a beautiful ode to your sister. One of the hardest things about being in Germany is being apart from my sister. I know how you feel, and no matter the distance, the love is always so powerful. Happy birthday to several hundred miles off!
katie