Friday, March 12, 2010

Where I've Been & a Superfluous Pic

Hello dear readers---
As the week went by, I thought often of writing a post or two. There are updates to be shared, stories to tell, questions to pose but alas, I was busy writing other less cheerful stuff. This week and part of last week, I have been busy writing emails to Josiah's teacher, principal and others up the chain of command. There have been some issues that have prompted my tackling things I would rather not have to deal with. But as moms, we have young to protect, and in my case, having a non-verbal, vulnerable, special son I have to be his advocate, cause no one else will, AND that is the role God has given me.

Thankfully, I have felt the Lord guiding me and standing with me every step of this journey. And I am hopeful that by next week, the whole situation will be resolved in a way that allows Josiah to thrive, learn and grow in ways he is not able to at present.

One positive thing that has transpired through this whole ordeal is that I have had alot of practice with my writing and I have been doing many revisions and editing (not my fav part of writing!) My sister who is a wonderful general ed teacher told me she's proud of me, and Michael commented that he has seen me grow and become a stronger woman through this hard situation. Encouragement like that I just soak up.

If you are a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, and he is your Lord and Savior, I would appreciate your prayers for our Tues morning meeting. I believe that the Lord hears our prayers and works on our behalf here on earth and in the heavenlies.

And in honor of the little guy I'm advocating and fight for, here is your pic for the day.



4 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I was wondering about you. I will be praying. May God give you the strength to continue fighting for your son. Take care my friend!

Rhoni said...

Definitely praying. And I can be available next Wed at Red Letter so we can catch up.

Sherry C said...

Oh good luck on tuesday I'll be thinking of you and you special son.. he is so cute. love the picture.

Mary Ann said...

I will be praying. Go Mom!