Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thankful Thursday



I haven't done a Thankful Thursday post in awhile .... a LONG while, ahem ....

But when I saw another blogger list the things she was thankful for today, I thought it would be a good idea to revisit Thankful Thursday and rip off a list.

Today I am thankful for:

* that in this uncertain economy, the hubster landed a good job after graduating last year that provides for our needs.

* that the #1 son is in 2 hours of summer school, getting back into the school mode which begins in earnest after Labor Day.



(just love this sign)

* that we've had some fun family time this summer. We've been able to go to the beach, spend lots of time around our firepit, enjoy a movie in the park, and do some bar-b-q-ing and dining outdoors on our porch.

* that its been 6 months since my surgery and I seem to be doing well. Only a few minor aches and pains. So glad I was able to have the surgery and that it was a success. And so glad its over and in the rear view mirror!

* that I got to see my sis and mom a couple weeks ago. We met halfway for lunch at a mexican restaurant and then headed to starbucks for more laughter and chit chat. We plan on meeting up every couple months.

So how 'bout you? What are you thankful for today?

Til next time ....

1 comment:

Amydeanne said...

that sign is hilarious! i love it!

You won my book giveaway! So when you get a moment send me your mailing info and I'll get it in the mail to you! :)