Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer, Surgery, Radiation ....

I love my mom! And over the years, it has been hard to watch her fight colon cancer, then breast cancer, and see her go thru surgeries to remove stuff that's not suppose to be there. Tomorrow and Friday I'll be right alongside her again as she fights another battle. Right now we're still not sure what's going on, but after her colonoscopy we'll have more details. The doc has already scheduled her for colon surgery on Friday, so they have found enough to justify cutting an 86 yr old woman open to get the foreign bad guys out. I'm so glad I can be with her as she fights this fight. I'm so glad the Lord has given her 86 great years here with us. She has a 'TON of friends and family who love her dearly. She's touched many lives through her teaching career, and mentored many writers along the way.
While we don't know what the future holds, we DO KNOW who holds the future. And her trust and mine is placed in HIM, the only wise God. Thank you for your prayers on my mom's behalf. And I'd appreciate your prayers for a safe journey up and back to Seattle/Kirkland. Hopefully, my boys will survive without me for 3 days!
Til next time ....

2 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Praying for your mom's quick recovery. And may He give your family the grace to walk through this difficult time. Blessings to you my friend!

Joanna said...

You look a lot like your mom! You are both beautiful women, so lucky to have each other in such trying times. You both are in my prayers!