Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Going Back to School Part 2

hello treasured readers,
thank you all that gave me such great encouragement to go for it! when I shared my interest in going back to school. It encouraged me to hear of your stories, your families stories and others that you knew that succeeded in going back to school.

Today I was able to tour the school and talk with the financial aide person, a wonderful woman named Lori. We hit it off right away, partly due to finding out that we are both Seattle transplants to Idaho. The school is called Oliver Findley and the 5 month program I'm looking into is ....

drumroll please ....

....

....

not yet ....

....

....

yes, i'm irritating this way! ....

....

A NAIL TECH!!!!!

If you want a manicure, a pedicure, or a set of acrylic nails I would be the one you would want to come to. I am really, REALLY excited about doing this! In fact if you could see and hear me, you'd see me squealing in my mind right about now.

What I found out today seems promising. The Pell grant would cover about 80% of the cost. So I would need to find another scholarship or get a student loan for about $700. There are 2 upcoming sessions, one in August and one in October. I'm trying to figure out what our summer will look like so I can make a decision whether the August start date is doable. Josiah doesn't go back to school til the last week of August, so that will impact my decision. Mike and I will be discussing this over the next few days and weeks. So I would appreciate your prayers as we make decisions. I hate making mistakes and will agonize over things for a long time, adding unnecessary anxiety to my life.

I'll keep you updated as time goes on. Until next time ....


5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Go for it!

I'm praying for wisdom for you guys right now.:-)

carrie said...

Oh Gail, what a neat job! I love getting my nails done!!! There are a TON of scholarships out there!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh that's exciting!!!! I'm so proud of you my friend! You'll do great!

Sherry C said...

That sounds great Gail. I love manicures and the spa!!! Since having ashley i've probably been too often. But i would come to see you if your miles and miles away. Good Luck i think you will do great.

Joanna Barrett said...

That is going to be so fun for you!! Good luck on your journey! If you ever need someone to work on for a grade let me know, I'll make a trip!