is it thursday already? how can that be? this week has been whizzing by here in my world.
this week i'm going to be a little shallow (or maybe alot!) and share with you my 13 fav tv shows for which i'm thankful.
1. Psyche is back!!! wooo hooo! if you haven't caught pysche on USA you are missing a treat of 2 funny fellows and a fun mystery every time. its labeled as a comedy and mystery series and it lives up to its name. gus and shawn are 2 longtime friends who start up a detective agency based on shawn's "psychic" abilities. in actuality shawn is no psychic at all, just a guy with great observant abilities and the ability to come up with answer before the police dept they work with can. check it out!
2. Burn Notice. also on USA, but not on til summer! aaaack! i can't wait that long to see what happens to michael, fiona and sam. michael was a spy for the govt that was let go, or in the spy lingo "got burned". he uses his skills and wits to help others while trying to figure out who burned him. fiona and sam are friends who help him along the way.
3. Star Trek Voyager (reruns) ever since i was a kid i loved star trek and as an adult i haven't been able to let that obsession go. captain janeway, commander chakotay, tuvok, lt paris and who could forget the doctor or seven of nine.
4. Fox News Channel
especially Special Report with Brit Hume.
Fair and Balanced News Coverage---need i say more
5. HGTV's Design on a Dime i like the older ones rather than the new ones
Decorating Cents with Joan Steffends. its so cool that they can redo a whole room with $500 or less. i always catch myself saying, "i could do that!"
Designed to Sell clive's accent is to die for, and i love the way they transform the ugly duckling house with a little sweat and $$ into a sumptious swan.
6. ok,if the fox new channel didn't cement my geek status then this surely will. i like my local news at 5pm, 6pm and 10pm. i often watch different channels at the different times just to get more news.
7. Chuck. how could i forget chuck? the best new show last fall.
i just saw on the official website that chuch will be returning on jan 24th! yippee now we can get back to chuck and find out what happens to our hapless, geek turned spy.
8. ok i'm really stretching here, with this entry you'll finally realize you are reading the blog of a very boring woman. but i really do enjoy this next show.
kim possible. never heard of it? i'm not suprised. its on the disney channel. i could blame it on my son, but he doesn't even really like it much. but in terms of kids shows its not too bad. cute redhead, straight A student, cheerleader, who saves the world with her geeky chum turned boyfriend, ron and techy friend, wade who never leaves his room.
9. now we will enter the outer extreme zone of tv. reruns who aren't even showing in my area. but really, the last 20 years i have loved watching perry mason reruns. every so often i'll catch one when i'm somewhere else. they are classic, the fashions are great, and where would perry be without his della street and that other guy, the tall blonde one. shhhh! i even liked the made for tv movies they put out in the 80;s and 90's.
10. every once in awhile i catch an hour of "what not to wear". great show. wish i had a $5000 credit card to spend in the trendy shops of NYC. good inspriration tho.
12. mariner's baseball or other baseball games.
13. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
good for a tear or two, and a happy ending. they amaze me each time i watch it.