Tuesday, March 25, 2008

belated birthday blessings

sat was my oldest sister's b-day. a month ago i was planning a great tribute for the blog with pictures and witty comments. then my computer went on the fritz ... and is still there. somehow not having my own computer to use put me all out of sorts and i didn't post anything.

now a few days later, i'm feeling bad. afterall, she is my sister and a great friend to boot. my sister is 8 years older than me, but doesn't look it at all. she is an incredible 3rd/4th grade teacher. she gets asked regularly to teach teachers and write curriculum for the district she's in. she's not ambitous, but instead honors God in all that she does and He has lifted her up. (insert pic of sister here)

over the years, we have become prayer partners just thru sharing our hearts with each other and taking our concerns to the Lord together. now we try to pray together over the phone 2-3x a month. we only get to see each other a couple times a year as we live 600+ miles apart. which is very sad. (insert sad face pic here)

but when we do get together we have a gala, hip-hip-hippy, happy time. my husband says when i get together with my sisters ( ihave 2) i laugh alot. now that's a good thing to do, don't ya think?

Happy Belated Birthday Sissy Poo!!!

No comments: