Monday, January 11, 2010

First Week Decluttering Update



My mom and I talked over Christmas about going thru our cd collections, so that's where I started with my decluttering. I was able to get rid of 20 cd's that we no longer listen to. What a sense of satisfaction.

I also threw out a few odds and ends from the makeup drawer and set aside a clock that has been bugging me. Unfortunately hubby saw the clock before it made it to the thrift store and snagged it. I guess that will happen from time to time.

Next up, I'm tackling my closet. I have clothes that havent' been worn in years that need to go.

So how did you do? Get any decluttering done around your home this week?

Til next time ....

6 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Good for you! I keep working at decluttering. I'm convinced it's a never ending process. But I hope you have more success than I do.

Mary Ann said...

I have one box full to get rid of and a few other stacks of sorted items.

gail said...

Alicia, i agree that its going to be a never ending project. i'm too much of a junk collector.

Mary Ann, good for you on having stuff set aside and ready to go. I need to put a couple boxes in my trunk so when I'm out running errands I can drop off the stuff.

Sherry C said...

I sure did.. i filled two large garbage bags and donated them to the salvation army from Ashley room. She doesn't really out grow toys like her brothers did so she had tones.. more then Taylor needs too. She got new furniture so we emptied the room and her closet which was holding a ton of toys. Her room looks beautiful now we held on to all the good ones.

Her older brother did pull out a stuffed hulk and it's still upstairs but in his room now. I will continue .. my closet is crazy too.

Trish said...

Wow, you are doing great! This weekend Michael and I worked on his room and got rid of a few toys and sorted what he has so he can find things again.

Diana said...

I'm getting ready for some pre-Spring cleaning in my closet. I have a very limited amount of space for clothes, so I have to periodically cull out the items that I don't love or that don't work for me.