Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break is Over

The #1 son went back to school this morning. After a week of sleeping in and lounging on the bed watching cartoons, it was a rude awakening for both him and me. I woke up with a start 20 minutes before the bus comes. Hubster and I jumped out of bed and quickly got the Joe-boy ready for his day. I went back to bed ....

We had a good week off. Hubster's professors didn't think much of the break as 3 of them assigned homework! But we still did a few things. The SUB has a bowling alley so we bowled a game. Hubby and I were grateful for the kiddie bumper they put up for Joe. I took Joe to see Monsters vs Aliens, which was cute. And Joe went swimming with his dad. We even ate out a couple nights.

Our trip was postponed as we are having some electical issues with the car and didnt' want to chance getting stranded. But we made up for it.

As far as spring is concerned tho, I'm still waiting for this famous "global warming" to kick in. Sat night we had hail and snow! We had rain off and on, and our temps are 10 degrees lower than normal. Ugh! Global cooling is more like it! I feel really sorry for those poor people in North Dakota fighting the flooding.

I'll be catching up on blog reading this week. And maybe I'll find a few new ones to pass on to you, my treasured reader.

My verse for the week is: "Then Jesus said to them "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist of the abundance of his possessions." Luke 12:15 Good reminder as I continue to declutter my house. And as I look through our spring and summer clothing to see what we need for this year.

4 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That is a great verse! I'm glad you guys had a good time. Sometimes it's nice to just stay around home and go some things locally. I want to see Monsters v Aliens. Maybe next weekend :o) Take care my friend!

Peapod Four said...

Hail and snow?? ughh!

Trish @ Another Piece of the Puzzle said...

Bob & Michael saw Monsters vs. Aliens over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Did you go to the 3D version or the regular one?

Glad you had a nice break even if you didn't get to take your trip. :)

Sherry C said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good break sorry to hear about the snow. We don't even have any snow up here in Canada. Poor you. I hope my new Baby will be coming any day now! Hence my up and blogging at 5am it's hard to sleep 37 weeks 5 days preg.