Friday, June 05, 2009

Have I Told You Lately ...

.... how much I love freecycle? Well, I love it alot!

This week, a member offered a king size comforter. I jumped at it. Our puppy daisy, remember her, had chewed her way thru our last comforter and when we moved I threw it out. I have priced king size sheets and comforters this past year, but they just aren't in our budget right now. Not only did the member allow me to come pick it up the next day----yipppeee!!! but it is a wonderful celery green/sage color with a beautiful lace overlay in the middle. And it is warm! It was so nice to snuggle under the comforter last night and feel all cozy and warm.

Over the last year I have recieved: cute shoes, pants, tops, fabric, toys for Joe, clothes for Joe, t-shirts for Mike, and lots of other stuff from freecycle. Members usually are just wanting to find someone else who can use what they no longer need. And they don't want to fill up the landfills anymore than we can help it.

I have also donated to others outgrown clothes of Joe's, stuff Mike and I no longer want or need, and toys. Its a win-win situation. So check online and see if there is a freecycle in your area.

Til next time ....


2 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

The comforter sounds beautiful! I love a good snuggle down under a nice warm cover.

We live in such a rural area that Freecycle is not very active here. Oh well. Maybe one day ;)

Take care my friend!

*carrie* said...

I agree with Alicia--I'm happy for you! And also our area does not have a very active Freecycle, either. However, I just responded to an offer for some baby girl clothes, which I'll be picking up in a few days. Yay!