Friday, June 12, 2009

Random Thoughts

I have been very remiss in keeping my blog up to date! Please forgive me.

First off, do you know about Pandora? I had assumed everyone was already up on that, but then I read a friend's blog and she had just learned of it. So in order to make sure everyone knows, go here. Its a great way to listen to music. And its free! (edited to add: oooops! forgot to add the link the first time!)

Today I dug out my sewing machine and mended some shorts of Joe's, hemmed his shorts that I had cut off, and hemmed up some of my pants that I cut off to capri length. Felt good to get back into the sewing realm. Of course, I have a shirt cut out that I want to stitch up, but that will have to wait for another day.

Did I mention I was getting some blood work done? I don't remember who I've told, and who I haven't. Anyway, I found out my blood sugar and cholesterol readings are too high, so I've been ordered to follow a diabetic diet. I've been reading up and figuring out how to eat and when to eat. Change is never easy, but I seem to be getting the hang of it. The hard part is finding good substitutes for my sweet tooth.

Joe spent his first week at summer school and seemed to really enjoy it! He comes home for an hour and then goes to his afternoon program. He has time to chill between school and his afternoon gig which I think helps alot.

Earlier this week, I found the latest copy of "The Voice of the Martyrs". Anyone else read this? I read the main article to Michael about the persecution in North Korea, and I couldn't complete it without getting choked up. The horrendous torture and persecution the christians endure, because they will not bow to the dictator, but instead worship "the God of heaven" (their term, isn't that a wonderful description?)

The director of VOM also has a wonderful opening letter about evil in this world. Well worth a read if you can get your hands on a copy of it.

On the summer front, the hubster is still at loose ends at home. This must be how wives of newly retired husbands feel. I feel like I keep tripping over him. But hopefully this will change, as he has a potential interview next week. We're just waiting to get a call from the boss who is out of town this week. Prayers would be appreciated.

Til next time ....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don and I prefer the brand Splenda (or generic Sucralose) for a non-caloric sweetner, although to me it sometimes has an aftertaste. You can even cook with it, although it's also on the expensive side.
Joy