Monday, June 01, 2009

Does the Learning Stop When School is Out?

Ola! Como esta? Queremos visitar Brasil!


Did you understand that? Basically, I was trying to say: Hello, how are you? We want to visit Brazil.



The hubsters and I have been teaching ourselves brazilian portuguese. We haven't gotton very far, but we're having alot of fun with it. We got a book appropiately called "Portuguese in 10 Minutes a Day" Some of the pronunciations give us trouble, but we muddle thru it and laugh a lot.

Someday we'd like to visit Brazil or even live there for a short time and I figure if we learn the language we'll be that much farther ahead.

So what are your summer plans?


3 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oooh Brazil would be a cool place to visit!

Our summer plans include painting our house. I know that doesn't sound very exciting. But it desperately needs to be done and we can't afford to pay someone to do it. So we are making plans to do it ourself. Oh well, we are planning to go to Disney World for a few days in September. We'll have to keep reminding ourselves of that as we paint ;)

Rhoni Renee said...

I'll be working and spending lots of time near water reading.

Sherry C said...

Summer will be quiet for me my two oldest boys who are 9 and 7 spend 3 weeks with my parents on vacation in New Bruinswick. I'll be down to 2 kids for a little while however they are such a help I'll miss them for sure.

Not really anything too exciting happening we have a cottage on the lake we spend time at and hopefully a trip to the zoo would be nice. My daughter will be out of preschool so I hope to enjoy some lazy days to maybe catch up on some sleep .. do i sound like a mom to a newborn or what.