Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thankful Thursday Thirteen

i really enjoyed doing this last week so i'm going to try again. it was harder than i thot to come up with 13 things, but a great exercise to be thankful. so here goes ...

1) i'm thankful for all of my friends and family who prayed for my mom this last month as she discovered she had breast cancer. the prayers and emails and phone calls were so supportive and encouraging. God is good.

2) i'm thankful that my mom came thru the cancer surgery and is healing now.


3) i'm thankful that she doesn't have to have chemo or more surgery.


4) i'm thankful for the great b-day weekend hubby and i had, the movie we got to see, the friends we got to fellowship with, the great food, the shopping ....


5) i'm thankful i have a husband who humors me and puts up with my girly ways. that he loves me, and LIKES me, and is my best friend.


6) i'm thankful that the summer heat is over--whew! it was a doozy this summer.


7) i'm thankful that hubby has settled on a new career direction and its looking promising.


8). i'm thankful that after a hard weekend for our son, he seems to be back to normal.


9) i'm thankful for my hubby who moves furniture around (without grumbling) every time i want to change things up.


10) i'm thankful for food in the fridge and cupboards, even when i don't feel like cooking.


11) i'm thankful for ears to hear, eyes to see, a mouth to speak and a sound mind to think. all gifts from God.


12) i'm thankful that the redsox won the first game of the world series last nite! (ok, i'm stretching it a bit here.) GO SOX!!!


13) i'm thankful for star trek voyager reruns in the afternoon when i'm folding clothes or ironing or playing on the computer ,,, (i told you its a hard exercise!)


so anyone want to join me? what are you thankful for?



No comments: