Monday, December 29, 2008

last monday for simple woman's journal 2008 edition

can you believe its the last monday of the year? how time flies. we hear that all the time, but it truly does seem to zoom past. next monday we will be in the early days of 2009, with high hopes for the year. at least i will! there's something fresh and inspiring about a new calendar year for me.

but enough blather. thanks to peggy at the simple woman's daybook
i can share with you my simple monday journal.

FOR TODAY 12/29 ...

Outside my window... rain and melting snow! slush and warmer temps. but i'm ok with that.

I am thinking... about what the New Year holds and what i would like to see accomplished in 2009.

I am thankful for... the pretty snow while it was here, and thankful now that its disappearing.

From the kitchen... using up leftovers: chicken pot pie for tonite. mmm!

I am wearing... my fav jeans, my purple shirt and slippers.

I am creating... some more cards, now b-day, thank you, and congrats themed cards.

I am going... to enjoy this last week of 2008, even while i anticipate a new year.

I am reading... a book on learning the portugese language with my hubby. we find different words and say them to each other every day. he's catching on better than i am. we hope to someday visit brazil.

I am hoping... for a more consistant quiet time in 09, a more balanced life, less stress, more contentment and peace. less anxiety, more quiet reflection with the Lord.

I am hearing... the tv, the sounds of hubby and #1 son up and about for the day.

Around the house... a mtn of laundry to conquer, lots of toys, books and dvd's to round up, Christmas decorations to take down, beds to make, and hugs and kisses to give to my boys.

One of my favorite things... walking along the greenbelt with my family, enjoying the sounds of the river, the smells of the outdoors, the sights of nature in whatever season.

A few plans for the rest of the week ... a little grocery shopping, maybe a haircut, some alone time to write, read and meditate. some play time with #1 son on the Wii, blogging time, maybe even bake some more pumpkin muffins with the leftover pumpkin i have ...

Scripture on which to meditate today ... "Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19



Here is picture thought I am sharing...

this is my hubby and our son, pretty much 11 years ago. #1 son was about a month old and we were still in WA state. as you can see, we did have some snow then too. sweet memories.


No comments: