Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Word Filled Wed (last wed of 08)


here we are: at the last day of 08 and the last wed of 08. that means its time for our word filled wednesday pic. i love finding just the right picture and verse that go together to share with you. its fun to play around with my paint shop pro 8, yet each time i do it reminds me of what i don't know how to do very much at all and how much i want to learn. (how's that for a run on sentence?)

today the verse is from isaiah. one of my favorite books of the Bible, and a verse that evokes H.O.P.E to me.

Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Is 43:18-19




i love the pic of the rainbow i took a couple summers ago too. not only becuz it brings back fond memories of camping with my family, but becuz of what the rainbow represents. an everlasting covenant between God and man, that God will never again destroy the earth with a flood. rainbows are a reminder that the storm is not unending, that a new day will come. that the rains will not last forever.

thanks to amydeanne over at 160 acre woods for hosting this event every week. i could do this til the end of my days ... want more? hop on over to her blog and check out the rest of this weeks blogs.

2 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Stunning photo and awesome verse! Such promise! Happy WFW and Happy New Year to you.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. I am just overwhelmed today by Isaiah!!

Beautiful pic, verse and blog! I'll be back!!!