Friday, February 19, 2010

Can You Have a Rush Hour of Pedestrians?

Every day around our campus apts, something strange happens. People of all shapes and sizes, walking, biking or long boarding (that's those new cool, LONG skate boards, yea, i'm hip with the language, i know!) pour out of the campus and cross the streets, like ants on a mission. Some wait for the crosswalk light to change, whereas others don't. And every single vehicle using those same streets are expected to stop.

I've started timing when the classes let out and try to avoid leaving at that same time. But the other day I didn't think, and was driving home after an afternoon of errands. I slowed down when the car beside me did, but I couldn't see anything. Good thing I slowed tho, cuz a pink pants wearing coed was traipsing across the sidewalk (one with no light, so pedestrians really do have the rightaway!) Yikes! was what I muttered under my breath when I spied the pink pants coed.

That's life on campus. So how bout you? Do you have to worry more about car traffic, bikes, pedestrians, or what??? I'd love to know.

Til next time ....

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

We have a problem with people in our neighborhood walking in the middle of the street even when there are beautiful sidewalks right there! It's annoying...:-)

Sherry C said...

lots of cars here!!

Sherry C said...

just car traffic around here...

Amydeanne said...

hmm well I'm on a farm.. and the only thing I have to watch out for is my dogs or the chickens lol and since it's winter neither hang outside too much right now lol.