Thursday, February 18, 2010

Walla Walla Where?



With Monday being a holiday from school for my boys, I twisted my honeys arm to take us on an abbreviated road trip. Walla Walla WA is less than 5 hours away from us. Its a delightful town with the ambiance of history (it was founded in 1859, 12 years before WA became a state), new vineyards and boundless wine tasting rooms downtown, glorious eastern WA weather (that's sunshine to those of you who have only heard of Seattle's rain and clouds) and at least 3 colleges that we found.



Monday we walked around downtown and explored the delightful shops and cafes. This is one of the many sculptures that they had all around Main street. I meant to take more pics but my camera batteries were low. Boo hoo! We found a sweet bookstore and game shop. It had more games than I've seen in a long time, and many games that I had not been aware of, or had only seen online.

We also drove around Whitman College and the surrounding wonderful old homes. Walla Walla must have been a prosperous town, because they have alot of old stately homes. So fun to look at! It is definitely a town we could relocate to happily, if there was a job for Michael there.



Whenever we stay somewhere we always try to take advantage of their swimming pool, and this trip was no exception. The motel where we stayed had a great pool and we had it all to ourselves. All in all, it was a great trip for all of us. Short, but sweet as a Walla Walla Onion.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm familiar with Walla Walla onions. Yum! Pretty sure I've been there, too, at some point in my life, having grown up in OR.

Together We Save said...

Sounds wonderful.

Sherry C said...

What a nice trip!!!

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Sounds fun! We love to take mini vacations. That's the only way hubby can really get relaxed. Hopefully we can take one soon!