Tuesday, October 28, 2008

green cabbage ramen salad



i mentioned this in my post on monday and my cousin, joy, emailed me asking for the recipe. it hadnt' even crossed my mind that putting the recipe on my blog might make someone happy. my brain isn't very good these days!

so after emailing my cousin with the recipe i thot, "why not?" so here is the recipe i use. i know some of you may already have it, or use something similiar, but here's my version. and if you do tweak it, i'd love to hear in the comments what you do to spice up the recipe. (hint, hint: leave me a comment!)

GREEN CABBAGE RAMEN SALAD

1/2 large head cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
seasonings to taste ( my original recipe called for 1/2 of the small spice packet from the ramen)

DIRECTIONS
Toss together the cabbage, noodles, green onions and almonds.
Whisk together the ramen flavor packet, oil, sugar and vinegar. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss evenly to coat.

isn't that easy? i have found that it doesn't keep well over night, but it is really yummy when you make it. and its a good way to get cabbage into your diet.

No comments: