Monday, October 27, 2008

monday, monday ...

i don't consider myself a simple woman, rather a complex, unique and complicated one. but i like this meme, so i'll go with it, title and all. if you're interested in joining in, visit peggy's blog here where all of us simple, and not so simple women congregate.



FOR TODAY October 27th:

Outside My Window... trees turning bright hues of orange, yellow, and red

I am thinking... about what i want to blog about this week. so much on my mind, so much to share.

I am thankful for... the warm fellowship and dinner we were able to enjoy with my brother and sis in law last evening. good times, laughter, good conversation and good food to boot.

From the kitchen... i'm hoping to make some chocolate chip pumpkins, make some jello for my son (he loves it!), and more green cabbage ramen salad--mmm! so good.

I am wearing... shorts and a t-shirt. i get overheated easily and when i'm home i like to dress cool.

I am creating... some cards out of paper, stickers, embellishments like brads, flowers, etc and rubber stamps. so fun! i enjoy the creative process.

I am going... to upload/download whatever! my pics from my camera. i don't know why but that is one of my least fav things to do.

I am reading... Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. very good read, i'm about half way and have been encouraged and convicted in my walk with God.

I am hoping... to drive home for Thanksgiving with my family. spend some time with my mom, my sisters, and hubby's family. we'll see if its going to work with hubby's school schedule.

I am hearing... my son giggling to the movie he's watching and the hum of my computer.

Around the house... lots of laundry to get to, kitchen needs sprucing up, and declutter the dining room table.

One of my favorite things... is having a fou-fou coffee with a friend. time to sit and relax and chat about everything and anything. laugh together, cry together, and encourage one another in the Lord.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: spend time making cards, clean house spic n span, get back into the exercise routine at the Y, and i'm sure there's more ...

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


this is daisy, our dog who is not ours any longer. i miss her alot. but the reason i'm sharing this photo is that this is how i feel on mondays mornings alot of times. "Do I have to get up now???"

have a great day and a great week!



3 comments:

*carrie* said...

Hey, Gail. That book (Mary heart) has been sitting in my stack for months now. Will be curious to read more of your thoughts--maybe that will push it to the top of the pile!

Jodie said...

Good morning, Gail!
Thanks for you kind comment on my Daybook. I think you'll like this meme!
I'm enjoying your craft and cooking blog!
Have a great week!

Gayle said...

Daisy had a great "Monday Morning" look. Sorry she's gone.
The White House