Monday, September 15, 2008

Y~M~C~A

it's official, i signed up for the 12 week wellness challenge at the Y. i met with my trainer, nicole, a cute little early 20's brunette. now you might be envisioning a short barbie doll, but she is nothing like that. and in fact 4 years ago she lost around 90lbs! i was so impressed with her story and how she was able to lose the weight over a period of 2 years.

we decided on what i like to do for exercise, what i might like to try out ie: deep water aerobics, and how often i will work out and what i will do. and who my support team will be.

michael has committed to work out with me once a week. we started that friday afternoon and it felt good to have someone holding me accountable to get out of the house. i also have several friends who will be cheering me on thru email, phone calls and ESP! you too can be part of my support team by leaving me encouraging comments to this post and others that will track my progress. i know have a long way to go to reach my long term goal, but for the first 12 weeks i'm committed to working out 4x a week and losing 12 lbs. nicole and i will be meeting every week to review my progress, see what's working and what isn't.

so cheer me on! and if you exercise regularly let me know what you like and what you don't. i love to hear others success stories, or if you need encouragement to go for it, i can cheer you on too!

2 comments:

Sherry C said...

Sounds great Gail enjoy every minute of it..right now exercise for me is a hike with my boys or a small football game yesterday afternoon with the kids. I think your going to have lots of fun. I'll be rooting for you.

Joanna Barrett said...

Hey gail, I'm excited for you! Set those goals and go get 'em!! I fell in love with aarobics two years ago when I took a class for the credit to maintain full time student status. I've been hooked ever since. In fact, I went to a class every day durring my pregnancy until I was 6 1/2 months pregnant!! Now, I too, need to set some goals and lose the baby weight I gained--most of which I gained in the last month!! Good luck to you! I'll be rooting for you as I'm working off the unwanted pounds!