Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday @ the simple woman's daybook

good morning all my lovely readers!

its a new week and i'm ready to jump into the fray. weekends are hard for me cuz i have both boys home and if we're not just hanging out, we're going somewhere. therefore i don't have alot of time cleaning up, doing extra projects or computer time. but come monday morning all that changes. this is the last full week of hubby's school break so we'll be doing some fun things, but i'm also getting into my new year routine.



FOR TODAY January 12, 09 ...

Outside my window... its a cold, winter morning. 90% of the snow is gone, tho there is still snow on the foothills around the city. looking forward to a fresh snowfall sometime soon.

I am thinking... about how to best accomplish those projects i want to tackle this week.

I am thankful for ... our pastor at church, who preaches the Word, even when it is a hard thing to hear. and that he doesn't apologize for the message, but instead steers the flock to responding to the Lord in humility.

From the kitchen... remnants of brownies made over the weekend, a new recipe of bread to be made this week, and dirty dishes that show we are well fed.

I am wearing... my fav jeans, plum short sleeve shirt and my wonderful pink and charcoal felted slippers my friend created for me for my b-day---oo la la! they are the best.

I am creating... i'm mulling over how to create a visual reminder for my word for the year which is contentment and which i wrote about here and here. i have the picture frame i want to use, just not sure how i'm going to put it all together. i also finished up 7 crafted paper cards for my sis's belated Christmas gift. i really like how they turned out.

I am going... with hubby back to our town where we moved from, 2 hours away on wed. to visit friends. i miss my friends!

I am reading... lots of blogs! and blogs on how to make a really good blog for others to read. i'm also reading crafting and sewing books (more like skimming). have so many projects i want to tackle!

I am hoping... for energy! for good sleep this week. for hope! for contentment! for joy!

I am hearing... #1 son watching dvd with cute songs on it.

Around the house... a mess! gotta clean up the fun left over from the weekend.

One of my favorite things... hearing my son laugh and "get it" when he's watching a video/dvd/show. he has such a great, laugh out loud, chuckle.

A few plans for the rest of the week: besides our day trip, date nite on sat (already lined up the babysitter), trip to library, haircut--long overdue! get back to the Y and workout, knitting, reading, cleaning house, bread making, experiment with a few recipes.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ...



this is a pic i found on the web that i used on my post about contentment. this kitty just evokes being content to me. isn't she just sweet?

peggy over at the simple woman daybook hosts these daybook entries every week. come on over and see what the fun is all about!

1 comment:

A happy heart at home said...

Hi! Nice to 'meet' you through your daybook. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for commenting on mine. The photo of the kitten is so cute! Have a great week!

~Susan