i found this meme on nicole's blog 60 piggies. i like how she introduced her use of the meme. so being a shameless stealer of memes here's what she said: "it (08) was a good one. so good, in fact, that i'm going to meme it, 'cause there's nothing like a vapid meme to round out an otherwise decent year."
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
nothing comes to mind. oh boy, this might be a rather boring meme!
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
sort of, and yes! i always make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
one of my nieces had a baby boy this month! cutie pie!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
no, for which i'm thankful
5. What countries did you visit?
none, unless you count the one i live in???
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
more contentment with where i am in life. this season of life. and a svelte, fit body would be great too.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
my memory doesn't have any etchings on it. maybe the day we moved to boise???
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
staying sane, in the midst of insane moments.
9. What was your biggest failure?
not being in the Word more. and praying diligently.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
YES ... i got a bout of virtigo that landed me in the ER. i couldn't stand up without throwing up for 3 days. and even after getting meds and fluids it didn't go away for 6 months. that was something else.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
we had to replace my wedding band. we found a wonderful silver band that suits me. i love it.
(i skipped some dumb questions)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
the political season, dumb as that may seem. i just got caught up in the hype.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2008?
none come to mind. they all run together in my mind.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
played with my son, reading, situps
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
sleeping, moaning, running down rabbit trails ...
21. Where did you begin the year; and where will you end it?
began it in our little house in twin, wondering what 08 would hold, and ended it in boise, continuing on with this student life season we are in.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
i assume the writer of this meme was thinking of her single friends. i for one, am married to my love. i think the falling part is over, and we are in the remaining, working on being in love part. being in love is much harder than falling in love. but its a good thing. being in love, being comfortable, being honest and open. showing love. being romantic. not taking one another for granted.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
chuck (monday nites!), burn notice and a new one leverage.
26. What was the best book you read?
none, i'm lame! i didn't read anything or rather i didn't finish reading any books. i did read a few mysteries, but nothing i'd say was the best.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
again, i'm lame! i do like casting crowns. and my hubby brought home some brazillian music that we are really enjoying.
28. What did you want and get?
a happy family, a good place in boise, a new car to replace our poor van that got crunched, a good home for daisy.
29. What did you want and not get?
peace on earth, end to world hunger, an electric car, a clone of myself, the 27 hour day ... oh, and a 6 mo cruise around the world.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
hmmm, that's a hard one. but i really like quantum solace. yea, lets go with that.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
well, let's see. hubby took me out for coffee. then we went shopping, then out for a quick lunch, then home to recover. then we took the boy with us and met my brother and sis in law for pizza. came home and hubby had made me a choc cake. it's all about the food on my b-day! and i don't divulge my age anymore. lets just say i haven't seen my 20's for a long while now!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
being less of a control freak. being more prepared for the move.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
what fashion concept? jeans, barefoot, t-shirts. that's about it. shoes when i have to go outside.
34. What kept you sane?
i had a great counselor in twin, who i miss very much. walking on the treadmill, sunshine, good friends who listen, my sister cindi, and the Lord God Almighty.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
sarah palin--love her! still do!
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
unfortunately its not on the front pages, but the slavery problem we have in the world. we have more slaves now than ever in the history of the world. and these are not volunteery slaves. they have been tricked, captured, dragged into slavery.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
we've met so many new people here in boise, i couldn't pick. looking forward to making some new long life friends.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
if you don't have health insurance, don't get sick.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"wake me up before you go, go" (from an old 80's song)
thanks for being a part of my life. happy 2009, folks.