Thursday, January 29, 2009

being real



i want to thank all of you who responded to my question about the focus of my blog. the concensus seems to be to include more of what life is like with josiah and michael, the challenges, the good, bad and ugly. not one of you were scared off, for which i am thankful. at least none that commented ...

i have not intentionally painted a rosy picture, i'm just a private person, and conscious of what i put on this blog is (potentially) out there for all the world to see. i will still be conscious of how i portray our life, cuz i don't want to dishonor michael, nor embarrass my family. but you will probably hear more of the quirks that we deal with as a family with 2 members who have very different disabilities and one crazy woman who tries to hold the family together. with God's strength, we live this life of challenges and adventures.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Gail - I'm just now getting around to visiting after a crazy week, and I never responded to your question. But if I had, I would have echoed what everyone else said. I would love to hear more about your world - whatever you feel open to sharing.

It's so heartening for me to read stories from others who are dealing with disabilities. It helps me feel like I'm not the only one out there on this rewarding, but very different journey!

Look forward to reading more!

Peapod Four said...

I was going to comment the other day - but ran out of time. For me, writing about stuff helps me work through it. I think if you're comfortable with it, you should go for it. On the posts where you feel you are really sharing a lot more than you normally would, you could save them for a day or two and reread them. That way if you want to take something out or reword it you can - before it's made public.

Rachel Ann said...

Gail...thanks for stopping by my blog again! I do call Puyallup home; however, I've been living in Eastern WA (Moses Lake to be exact) for the last year or so. I hope that I'll get to move to Puyallup in the near future.

I did live on the South Hill...and traffic is INSANE!!! They've created a whole new world out by 176th...new walmart, target, shopping centers, restaurants...pretty much like it is right around the mall!

Do you ever get back this direction? Stop in any time!

danette said...

I kwym about trying to find the balance of how much to share.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I look forward to reading more of yours :).