Wednesday, January 28, 2009

yippee its wed!



hello bloggy friends,
today is wed---yippee! that means its time for word filled wed where i share a scripture and a photo. i love doing this every week, and i love sharing what i create with you. todays verse is from matt 7:7 "Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you. For every one who asks receives and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks it shall be opened."



i love this promise that the Lord gives us. our part is to pray: to seek, ask and knock, and He delivers. i am feeling the need to expand my prayer life and this is a good reminder that my prayers don't fall on deaf ears. what am i not recieving becuz i'm not asking? peace? self control? joy? love? for we know that if we ask according to His will, He will give it to us. (i'm not talking about selfish desires here that He may not want for my life).

thanks to amydeanne over at 160 acre woods for hosting our WFW every wed.


9 comments:

Denise said...

Great verse, and picture.

HennHouse said...

The image is beautiful (so different from what I'm seeing as I peer out at the foot of snow in my yard)! And this is one of my favorite verses.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Great verse- I firmly believe God wants to give us the desires of our heart(provided they are in line with His will) He just waits for us to ask. Happy WFW!

lori said...

Needed this one today....thank you! peace!
lori

Laurie Ann said...

What a great verse and picture! Awesome thoughts, too! Happy WFW!

Joanne Sher said...

Great verse - and the openness of the picture makes me thing of the verse in a new perspective. Happy WFW!

Alexis said...

This is beautiful - thanks for the reminder, I should post this one so I can see it every day!

Amydeanne said...

love the new overlay! LOL

fantastic verse and a wonderful reminder for us! Happy WFW!

Deanna said...

God's promises... He never breaks them.