Thursday, January 15, 2009

oh give thanks to the Lord

i love this verse for thankful thursday. "oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples" ps 105:1 not only the part about giving thanks, but making known what He has done. spread it around! and thats exactly what we do here on thankful thursday--we share what we're thankful for--what God has done in our lives. isn't that great?

for me, i'm so thankful for my family. my son is funny, giggly these days and so fun to be around. he comes home happy and even if we're not having his fav, pizza, he still laughs and smiles. my husband and i are best friends, we enjoy one anothers company. we have great talks and pray together and spur one another on to love and good deeds. and i'm thankful i can be a stay at home mom. i'm a homebody. i love being here, whether blogging, reading, crafting or in the kitchen. i also love getting out and shopping for my family, taking walks, meeting with friends and going to bible study. all this the Lord has allowed me to do and i am thankful.

i'm thankful for my extended family, my mom, sisters and brother and their spouses and kids. i love having a tightknit family who keeps in touch, visits as time and money allow and are pursuing their faith in Christ. i'm thankful that they have taken our son with all his idioscincrisies and needs, into their hearts and lives.

and i am thankful for our church and church family who have embraced us. our pastor who preaches the Word. for our worship that adores the Lord. for all these things i am thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ who has made all these things possible in my life.

how bout you? what are you thankful for? want to join us thankful bloggers over at grace alone ... you'll be blest

5 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Great list of blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Gail! What a lovely list of thankfuls!! I have this habit of every morning, when my feets hit the ground...Right foot: "Thank", Left food: "You"!! All these years, it's good to be thankful to our Creator!!!

Denise said...

Such beautiful blessings dear.

The Lind Family said...

I love your blog and feel so blessed to have met you at Bible Study today! Looking forward to seeing you next week.
~Kym

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for a husband who is willing to work through the hard times and love me even when I am a mess.

BTW, You have a blog award waiting to be picked up!