Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Special Day

today is a special day. no, not becuz i'm posting twice! but becuz its my mum's b-day.



i love my mum. and we are great friends. i enjoy her company and when we get together we like to go photo shooting. my mum has had a camera in hand to capture pics for as long as i can remember. i can remember suffering thru slide shows as a child, tho now as an adult i want to inherit all those slides and pics she has captured over that last several decades. she has an eye for color, design and form that hopefully has been passed on to me.



my mum is also a published author and continues to write even in her retirement years. i hope she's passed on some of her talent in this venue too. she is disciplined (i am not) and focused. i admire her and have seen her accomplish things others only dream of.



my mum taught for many years before she retired and with her teaching and writing has been able to travel the world. she has gone to china, taiwan, jamaica, germany, belgium, england and other far away places. i hope someday to travel and love seeing the pictures that she took in her travels.



my mum has also been a rock for me during times of trial and grief. she was the first one i called when michael fell and she drove me up to the hospital and helped me find my way. she listened to me vent and complain when i lost a baby girl at 19 weeks pregnant a month before michael's accident. she didn't judge me cuz i was mad at God for not preventing the still birth. she has hugged me and held me when my world was rocked beyond my comprehension. and i love her for that.

so today, on her birthday, i want to let the world know, i want to honor her on her special day, and i want to yell at the top of my lungs HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!!!




3 comments:

Sherry C said...

What a beautiful post Gail, your very lucky to have such a special mom. I she is having a wonderful Birthday.

Anonymous said...

So good to see the pics! How the years go by!
Cousin Joy

*carrie* said...

What a lovely tribute to your mom, Gail!

Have a good weekend.